Wednesday 16 April 2008

Why, Why, Why?

First posting of this blog, so thought i would start off with some answers to the important question of Why.....

Why am i doing this blog....

Well, I don't really know actually... Best thank (or possibly blame!) Andrew Sutton for that. Today's discussion related to the changing world and the new way of sharing information via the new up and coming passion for blogging. Andrew (perhaps purposefully!) mentioned the lack of any blog written by a student about the trials and tribulations we must go through to reach the final destination of becoming a Conductor.

I have never written a blog before, I have tried (and failed) to keep a diary in the past, and am the kind of person who can forget about replying to an email for months and months, so i don't really know how successful this blog is going to turn out to be.

Why am I here?

Well, I guess at this point i should give a little information about myself. I am 26 years old - what you would call a mature student - (ha!) and I am coming very close to finishing my second year of training at the National Institute of Conductive Education (NICE). It has been a hard and trying journey to get myself to this point - but one that overall i can tell you has been enjoyable, yet challenging. I am a completely different person now than when i started this course - i have developed in more ways then i ever thought possible - and I am very happy with this transformation and the person that Conductive Education has shaped me into.

There are plenty more why questions that i could and should answer but the most important one right now is why have i started this blog tonight at 10.30 pm, and the answer to that question would be tomorrow i have an Oral exam, which i should be studying for, but for which starting a blog seemed like the more interesting option! So anyway, back to the studying - and I'll post more tomorrow - if i remember!!!

No comments: