Wednesday 11 June 2008

Chicago!

Sorry haven't posted for a while! Busy, Busy, Busy.....

I arrived yesterday in Chicago for my usual 3 month summer visit, where i get 6 weeks of rest (!) and then work at a Conductive Education summer camp for 6 weeks. Last time i visited ( Easter) I went to visit the Center for Independence in Countryside where i met the fabulous Patti Herbst and observed a system of Conductive Education, quite unlike anything i had experienced before, yet interesting and unique way of combining multi-disciplinary techniques with Conductive Education.

I plan whilst i am here this time to go and see some other centres (or centers!) such as the one in downtown Chicago and the summer camp held in Lake Zurich.

The ACENA conference is also being held in Chicago before i leave (very convenient!) although my camp is not due to end till the Friday and the conference begins on the Thursday so I will have to see what I can do!

I am actually looking forward greatly to this, should be good networking for myself and from looking at the scheduled talks, a lot of them appear interesting.

Anyway - off to enjoy the American sunshine! - yippee!

No comments: